In a bingo game, the players will wait for that lucky chance to yell the word BINGO! This gives them great satisfaction for playing this luck-based game. To get you started, follow these steps on how to play bingo.
- Understand the goal of the game. Bingo cards differ from which country you play. In the UK, the goal of bingo is different from the US because you need to fill a single, two or all of the three lines of the card. The cards are composed of 3×9 squares with corresponding numbers and generated randomly. There are ninety balls with numbers and they are picked by the caller.
- If you opt to play in your home, designate who will be the caller but if the game is in a hall or a big venue, the caller is already pre identified. The caller is responsible for selecting the balls that have letters and numbers written. His job is to read out loud the letter and number combination to the players.
- Distribute cards and chips. Generally, a player can have one card but to make it more exciting, he can have more than one card during the game. This can be harder but it increases the chances of winning. Also, you do not have to check if the players have the same number of chips because it is unnecessary for the rules of the game, if you need more, you can take more chips.
- Mark the free space. This is the easiest placement because it is free, it does not need a number to cover it. Usually, the free space is in the middle of the bingo card.
- When you are playing within the bounds of your home, put the balls in the spinner. If you do not have a spinner, you can buy this from a game or toy store. However, to enjoy the game, you do not have to buy a spinner, prepare a bucket, place the balls and mix them. This way, you can save money yet enjoy the thrills of the game.
- This time, the caller will start to choose a ball without looking. He reads the letter and number combination but in the UK, the caller just reads the number.
- When the caller reads a number that is on your card, place a chip. This time, the player must be extra attentive or else, he will miss out an opportunity to complete the pattern.
- Shout Bingo when you completed a full row. Remember, you must shout loud enough so that the caller can hear you. You can either lose the game if the caller has called another number or is about to read it.
These are the steps on how to play bingo and enjoy the rest of the game.